The Bike MS Buckeye Breakaway (formerly Pedal to the Point) is a two-day bicycle ride from Brunswick to Ashland, Ohio. The ride is 75 miles each way. You can choose to ride the first day only, with 30-mile, 100-kilometer, 75-mile, or 100-mile route options. The fundraiser event is organized by and benefits the local Ohio Buckeye Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
For over 20 years, Century Cycles has been proud to be an Official Event Bike Shop for our local Bike MS ride! We provide mechanical support at one of the rest stops on the route and have many staff members who participate personally in the event.
Team Left Hand/Century Cycles
Century Cycles formed our first shop team for BikeMS in 2014. In 2015, we stepped it up a notch and joined forces with the Left Hand Brewing Company of Longmont, Colorado to form Team Left Hand/Century Cycles. We were the TOP fund-raising team for the 2015 and 2016 events, second-place for 2017, and we're BACK for 2018!
Now in their 11th year of riding, Team Left Hand consists of riders from across the U.S. who volunteer their time and effort to help the National MS Society fund research, advocate for change, and help people living with MS.
"Bike MS isn’t just a two-day event; it’s an enduring commitment to making a difference in the fight against MS,” states Chris Lennert, Left Hand's national Team Captain.
Join Our Team!
Unfortunately, our team is now CLOSED for the 2018 ride.
Want to help, but you're not able to ride? We need lots of volunteers! Just click go to www.teamlefthand.com/ohio and click on the "Signup to Volunteer" button!
Stay in touch with TeamApp
Once you are a member of Team Left Hand/Century Cycles, create an account on TeamApp to get all the latest updates on team events, training rides, and other important news. To access TeamApp:
- On the web: https://www.teamapp.com
- For iPhone/iPad: download from the App Store
- For Android: download from Google Play
Also, connect with your teammates on the Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Ohio Bike MS Facebook Group!
Make a Donation
If you're not able to help by riding or volunteering, you can make a donation to support the fund-raising efforts of Team Left Hand / Century Cycles. Click on the following link to donate:
Win a Jamis Bike!
We're raffling off a Jamis Renegade Explore adventure road bike! Purchase tickets in any of our three stores; $10 each or 3 for $25. We'll draw the winner the first week of August; the winner does not need to be present at the drawing, and will get to pick their size for the bike. Proceeds from raffle ticket sales will go toward our team fundraising goal!
Photos from past Bike MS rides and events
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Fundraiser Party - June 30, 2018
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Kick-Off Party - March 6, 2018
- Bike MS Buckeye Breakaway - August 5-6, 2017
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Kick-Off Party - April 5, 2017
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Wrap-Up Party - October 18, 2016
- Bike MS Buckeye Breakaway - August 6-7, 2016
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Jersey Pick-Up Party - August 4, 2016
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Kick-Off Party - March 28, 2016
- Bike MS Buckeye Breakaway - August 1-2, 2015
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Silent Auction Fundraiser - June 11, 2015
- Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Bike MS Kick-Off Party - March 11, 2015
- Bike MS Pedal to the Point - August 2-3, 2014
- Bike MS Pedal to the Point - August 14-15, 2010
- Bike MS Pedal to the Point - August 15-16, 2009