Century Cycles is a Member Bike Shop of the Adventure Cycling Association, whose nonprofit mission is to inspire people of all ages to travel by bicycle for fitness, fun, and self-discovery. Two of Adventure Cycling's most popular published bicycle touring routes pass through Ohio, and our stores are located on both of them:
- Our Medina and Peninsula stores are located on the Underground Railroad Bicycle Route.
- Our Rocky River store is located on the Northern Tier Bicycle Route.
Our staff has thousands of miles of personal bicycle touring experience all over the world. Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced touring cyclist, stop in or call us for expert advice on gear, routes, and planning your dream bicycle trip!
We've helped many of the touring cyclists that have stopped in our stores (such as those pictured here) with emergency repairs, supplies, directions, and sometimes, even a place to sleep for the night! To see more photos like these of people who have stopped into our stores during their long-distance bicycle tours, see our Bicycle Touring Photo Gallery page.
Bike Touring Resources
- Adventure Cycling Association
- Popular routes:
- Ohio-based touring shuttle services:
- Two Wheel Travel: Top 5 myths about bicycle travel and how to dispel them
- Ohio Bicycle Route Maps from Columbus Outdoor Pursuits: www.outdoor-pursuits.org (click on "Merchandise")
- Warm Showers: www.warmshowers.org
- Couch Surfing: www.couchsurfing.org
- 5 Tips: Preparing for and Riding in a Multi-Day Bicycle Tour
- Article from Ohio Sports & Fitness: S24O: Sub 24-Hour Overnight