Hello again from Century Cycles! Here's a glance at what is contained in this edition of the eNewsletter:
1. More Bargains at the Solon Clearance Center 2. Night Rides on the Towpath 3. Other Late Season Events 4. Stay in Shape this Winter with a Cycle-Ops Trainer 5. Meet Bob Roll at Century Cycles 6. Bike to Work Day Featured on WKYC-TV
We hope that you find the information in this and future editions of the eNewsletter useful.
1. More Bargains at the Solon Clearance Center
We have moved our clearance merchandise from all of our stores over to Solon. Even if you've checked out the Clearance Center before, stop in again--we've got an expanded selection of jerseys, shoes, car racks, and other accessories. Here is just a sample of some of the deals available:
* Lake MXZ300 Winter Mountain Biking Boots - were $199.99, now $129.99 * Sidi Genius 4 Road Cycling Shoes - were $219.99, now $179.99 * Pearl Izumi Crochet Gloves - were $14.99, now $11.99 * Hollywood Sport Rider 2-Bike Hitch Rack - was $199.99, now $149.99 Fits both 1.25" and 2" hitches * Saris Cycle-On 2-Bike 2" Hitch Rack - was $359.99, now $249.99 More racks by Saris and Thule also available! * World Jerseys in many popular designs, including Corona, Dos Equis, CCCP, Red Army Vodka, Polish Postal Service, Tecate - were $54.99, now $39.99 http://centurycycles.com/itemlist.cfm?name=Search%20Results&catalogId=1&Brand=74 * Large selection of cycling socks, most just $3.99 per pair!
Plus, we have expanded our selection of clearance bicycles--many have been marked down even further!
* Fuji Roubaix road bike - was $1,249.99, now $1,049.99 Aluminum frame with carbon seat stays, Shimano 105/Truvativ drive train, equally at home on the race course or your weekend club rides * Raleigh M50 DX mountain bike - was $439.99, now $379.99 Quality Shimano/SRAM drive train, Hayes disc brakes, WTB tires and saddle * Giant Cypress SL - was $899.99, now $799.99 Super-sleek flat-bar road bike, great for touring, commuting, or zipping through the MetroParks! * Raleigh SC7 - was $249.99, now $219.99 No-nonsense, 7-speed comfort hybrid--perfect for the Towpath * Electra Rat Fink - was $569.99, now $449.99 Super-stylin' chopper in mean metallic green!
Many more models are available; for a complete list, see:
We've been setting new records for attendance at just about every one of our Night Rides on the Towpath this year. Help us end the season with a bang by joining us for our final ride of the year this Saturday, October 15, 2005. The ride starts at 8:00pm from our Peninsual store. Helmets and lights are required.
For more information, including fun photos from past rides, go to:
After a summer of fantastic weather, it's starting to feel more like Northeastern Ohio outside now. But for those of you who haven't had enough riding for the season, there are still a few fun events left:
* Friendsville Freebie Fifty / Fall Foliage & Frostbite Frolic (FFF/FFFF) Medina, Oct. 29 * Ohio City Bike Co-op Ghost Ride The Flats, Oct. 29 * Red Flannel Metric Century Oberlin, Nov. 6
For more details about these events, go to our Tours page at:
For the competitive among you, it's cyclocross and mountain bike racing season! This Sunday, October 16 is the inaugural Medina Mountain Biking Association Time Trials Race at Reagan Park in Medina. For details on this and other upcoming events, see our Race Calendar at:
4. Stay in Shape this Winter with a Cycle-Ops Trainer
With the cold weather and snow just around the corner, now is the time to get ready for your winter training. We have the industry-leading Cycle-Ops indoor stationary trainers in stock in all of our stores, with two models to choose from:
* Cycle-Ops Fluid2 - the fluid resistance unit provides automatic variable resistance with smoother, quieter operation. This is the unit that Lance Armstrong and other pros train on! Suggested Retail Price: $329.99 Our Price: $299.99 http://centurycycles.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=1012
Both models come with a training video. Stop in one of our stores, and feel free to try before you buy!
5. Meet Bob Roll at Century Cycles
At the recent Interbike trade show, Century Cycles was the lucky winner of a drawing held by Kryptonite, makers of the popular bicycle locks. As a result of the drawing, we will be hosting a visit by Bob Roll, a.k.a. "Bobke."
Bob Roll is a former professional bicycle racer, and was a member of the 7-Eleven and Motorola road racing teams in the '80's, and did some mountain bike racing in the '90's. He is the author of three books about cycling. Most recently, he has gained notoriety as a commentator on The Outdoor Life Network for the Tour de France and other cycling events.
Stay tuned for more information; we will announce the date, time, and location of this event some time in the coming months.
6. Bike to Work Day Featured on WKYC-TV
The last official Bike to Work Day of the season, organized by Cleveland Bikes (http://www.clevelandbikes.org), was held on Friday, September 30, 2005. The event was featured on the WKYC-TV Channel 3 News, and profiled some of the participants who bicycle to work on a regular basis. You can view the video clip here:
Thank you for reading this edition of the Century Cycles eNewsletter. If you do not wish to receive these messages in the future, just reply to this message, and we will cheerfully and promptly remove your e-mail address from our mailing list.